Oh, lordy, does this world have a million ways to make your heart weep!
From the news to crushed dreams to, you know, PEOPLE, this world will kick your shins every damn day.
Fortunately, this world also has some very lovely, natural ways to heal the soul and spirit.
Today, I took this EPIC bath to soothe my soul and I suggest you do to.
I am a huge fan of the bath bomb. And I had none.
Also, I am a huge fan of epsom salt baths. And I had none.
If this is you, I have a remedy.
You will need 7 things:
- Hot Water. The hottest. (((Just like you, sweetheart.)))
- Apple Cider vinegar. When you pour it in, it sort of feels like you are becoming a garden salad. Go with it. Trust me.
- Baking soda. Like half a cup. Not like a measured, but you know, not 3 cups and not a tablespoon.
- Lavendar Essential Oil. Just a drop or two. Lavendar is my go-to relaxation oil. Obsession level.
- Bergamot Essential Oil. Again, just a drop or two. Bergamot is the oil of self-love and is derived from citrus. Think of something between a lemon and an orange.Besides it smelling like Earl Grey tea, which sends any Star Trek fan into heaven, Bergamot has a myriad of benefits. "Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils" lists Bergamot as beneficial for anxiety, depression, stress, muscle tension, and multiple skin-healing properties. Etcetera, etcetera. It's good, kids.
-Coconut oil. Yup, news flash: coconut oil is magic. Use it.
-A book. You probably won't end up reading it, because you'll be all into the tub and relaxing, but it's comforting to have it nearby.
This bath was crazy comforting. I left with my skin feeling sort of tingly and alive and awake and delightful.
Get on this self-love prescription right quick.